2022 Birthday Gratitude List
Here are the 25 things that I am grateful for this year:
This is now the fourth year in a row that I think I’m doing this.
People have asked me what I’m doing for my birthday this year, and it came down to a few things:
- Steak dinner
- Bible and prayer time
- Birthday gratitude list
It’s an essential part of how I am spending my time and how I want to celebrate and cement another year of life.
Here are the 25 things I am grateful for this year:
- Good favor with the senior leaders of Lexington International
- An able mind that can solve problems and help others
- Closeness to God and an environment that pushes me closer to Him
- Comfortable living that allows me to sleep without worry and wake up with food in the refrigerator and clean water
- Health and an able body
- The desire and aptitude to read books and digest complex information
- Provision and growth
- Near fluency in Spanish and the ability to connect with the Latin culture
- A generous heart that can give within the opportunities presented in life
- Travel and the ease of going places
- Driving and the feeling of thrill and love
- Love and a full heart
- Strategy and planning
- People that are confident and open in their feelings
- Prophets and words from God that have been shared
- Clarity of vision and skillset
- Intelligence and a mind that is nowhere near filled
- Creativity and people in my life that have brilliant ideas
- God’s grace
- Miracles and closed doors that are opened and paths that are directed
- Connections and relationships all over the world
- A God-given destiny and purpose
- Delicious food, like steak and chocolate
- Reminders and accountability that keep me on the straight and narrow path as much as I can be
This was probably the quickest that I have ever written this. I put 25 things on this list that I am grateful for in less than maybe 15 or 20 minutes. I am so grateful for so many things.
Every morning that I wake up, the first thing that I do is a morning gratitude list. There have been very few times I will even get out of bed before documenting 5–15 things that I am grateful for. Today, that list included: Truth, Rest, Progress, Love, and Honesty.
I spent 24 seconds documenting those initial things for my journal, will add the 3 things that I did well today and 2 areas to improve, and will write a reflective journal of today’s day when I wake up tomorrow (just as I wrote a reflective journal for yesterday this morning).
Next, I am off to try to break the 6:00 mile barrier for myself. Which I am nervous about but it needs to happen. I need to do this.
Then, I will hit the weights, come back, and read what I call my “trophy shelf of compliments.” This goes back to 2017 and includes 98 things that people have said about me since then which have greatly impacted me. This way I can affirm my unique identity whenever I need to or desire to and remember to give thanks for the special people in my life.
That’s all I’ve got. I’m 25 now. That’s cool.
I didn’t post this yet, it’s now July 30th and I had a few things to add. I ran ½ mile at a 6:00 pace on the 25th, turned around, and ran the next ½ mile at a 7:15 pace. It was a little disappointing but I’m still happy with my progress. Just a nice kick in the butt that I need to prepare better rather than waking up and deciding I want something.
The day was good, the week was good, and now it’s the weekend again. I’m still working and striving to grow and push hard.
As with the past years, I will include the past lists also. Here are my gratitude lists from 2019, 2020, and 2021
This year I turned 22 and wanted to make my first gratitude list.harrisonwendland.medium.com
Here are the 23 things that I am grateful for this year:harrisonwendland.medium.com
Here are the 24 things that I am grateful for this year:harrisonwendland.medium.com
Stay blessed!!! Here’s to another year
Let’s make it the best one yet!! Every day a little bit better than the one before.
This year I was blessed enough to be gifted an experience I’ve never tried before. I got to fly a plane up and down the east coast of Florida. It was a blast, a truly special experience.